Me trying on Lipsy evening dress in cobalt blue, that I ordered from House Of Fraser, I loved it, but had to take few cm of the hem, as it was too long.
You have been in every shop selling occasion wear in your area, but just haven’t found, what you are looking for, or maybe price wasn’t acceptable… Next step- online shopping. Been there- done that. There are however few things to consider-
- Give enough time for delivery- and return if necessary. And extra day or two for alternations- just in case. (I had to take my dress to cut the hem, I am not petite, but some designer dresses are known to be made for models (tall)
- Choose stretchy fabric if possible, because different brand sizes just aren’t the same
- Choose respectable seller, and check reviews.
- Do not experiment on special occasion, buy something you know will suit your shape and something you will feel comfortable in ( so you know, if your dress is strapless, you will spend evening pulling it up time after time, so just do not even look at strapless dresses, obvious- right?.)
- Buy from sellers who accept returns.
- Be prepared that colour will not look exactly as on your computer screen.
- Be prepared that fabric will be thinner than what you expected looking at the photo.
- Do not cut tags off, unless you tried it first and 100% sure you are happy with the dress.
- Avoid buying shoes online, the size difference at times is outrageous.
That’s about it. Do not fear online shopping for special occasion, there are definitely few benefits to buying online- reduced price, more styles, sizes and colours available, home delivery, shop in the comfort of your own home, without feeling pressured by sales person or fitting within shops working hours.
If you care to share your online shopping experience, pop few lines in the comment section.